The amazing Lauren, @lauren.jumps on insta, has been using our ropes since she started her jump rope journey and we are happy to launch a new rope in collaboration with her.
This special edition Lauren Jumps beaded rope features the same specifications as our own Dope Ropes Signature Beaded Jump Rope but also includes Lauren.Jumps and Dope Ropes engraving on the handles as well as two custom tri-colourways with silver and black handles (updated design for 2022!). Now also available in the new white beaded special edition colourway, featuring a unique bead pattern placement not currently available on any of our other ropes. This new rope also features a gradient blue to pink print on the handles
“When deciding what rope to collaborate on with Dope Ropes, it was difficult to deviate from my favourite rope that has enabled me master every single skill in my arsenal from day 1 until now. I’m super excited to introduce to you the two new custom colourways I’ve chosen and I hope you love them as much as I do!” Lauren.Jumps
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on harsh surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 5" Short Dope Ropes Elite Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene contoured to fit your hand. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
- Made in collaboration with Elite SRS to create unbreakable handles that are passed with both our marks of quality.
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Jump rope was delivered smoothly, no issue at all. Jump rope itself is very nice, just a pity the colour options are very limited as I'm not such a pink fan. But so love the blue/black/silver beaded jump rope! Unfortunately, don't have a jump rope mat yet so beads already got its portion of wear. So I already know what the next thing is that I'll have to buy ^^'
Das Seil ist leicht anpassbar und wirklich gut zu händeln. Perfekt für einen Anfänger.
Lauren Jumps x Dope Ropes Beaded
Has really helped with learning new ‘tricks’!
Fantastic. This rope is brilliant and my skipping technique just gets better and better