One of my personal favourites and a jump rope for LIFE! Our recommendation for beginners and those new to jump rope, especially for learning tricks and freestyle skipping (adjustable to any height!).
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short unbreakable handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - circa 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic hard beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on harsh surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 5" Short Dope Ropes Elite Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene contoured to fit your hand. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
- Made in collaboration with Elite SRS to create unbreakable handles that are passed with both our marks of quality.
(note - we are currently transitioning all our ropes to our new colour printed logo, therefore you may receive older stock with slightly different printing, but these are only minor differences and specifications are identical on all ropes!)
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Dope Ropes Signature Beaded Jump Rope
Dope Ropes Signature Beaded Jump Rope
Design beautifull, 10/10. I expected speed from the pro rope and there is a light string inside. I think it might be a good solution to use different type of string, more heavy. Regards.
Ne tourne pas assez vite, trop de résistance à l'air. Il faudrait des beads plus lourds ou d'un diamètre plus petit.
I got my Miami-themed rope a few weeks ago, and I'm obsessed! The colors are so fun, and I'm already feeling like I'm making progress even though I'm a total beginner. I'm tall and love that the rope length is easily customizable and that the extra beads can be saved as replacements for worn beads. It's been so fun to watch other Dope Rope users on their stories and Instagram, getting me excited and inspired to practice every day!
I'm in the US and my rope was delivered so fast— well ahead of schedule! Such a high-quality product— will be a go-to brand for me for sure!